Important note: Please be aware that a simultaneous application to this programme and to the programme 'University Winter Courses Online for Foreign Students and Graduates' is not permitted and will result in exclusion from both application procedures.
Who can apply?
- Applications are open to students and graduates as well as doctoral candidates in any subject area.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two academic years when the scholarship period starts.
- Students in the last year of a study programme are eligible to apply if they continue their studies in a postgraduate study programme shortly after completing their undergraduate degree. Please submit a letter of confirmation from your university as proof.
What can be funded?
- The programme funds attendance of an online language and regional studies course with language level B1/B2 that is offered by a state or state-recognised German university or by an affiliated language school.
- The course is taught exclusively in German.
Duration of the funding
- Up to 6 weeks
- The grants are not extendable.
- The course will take place in the period from January to February 2024. The exact course dates will be communicated in due time before the course starts.
- One-time scholarship payment of 300 euros
- Tuition fee for the online language course (will be transferred directly to the course provider by the DAAD)
The most important selection criteria are:
- Previous academic achievements
- Convincing letter of motivation for choice of study programme and future academic project
- For more general information on language certificates, please visit the DAAD website at: https://www.daad.de/de/studieren-und-forschen-in-deutschland/studium-planen/die-deutsche-sprache/
- Answers to frequently asked questions regarding the University Winter Courses Online programme can be found here: FAQ (in German)